Blind VS Curtain: Their Pros and Cons
When you are undergoing the project of remodeling or redecorating, one of the important decisions is to decide which type of window treatment you should opt for. There are several options and varieties but ultimately it depends upon your choice and like whether you want to go for blinds or curtains. The answer depends upon the place also like if you want for drawing room, you might be going for curtains to get a warm look where as if you are thinking about kitchen, you might choose blind which gives a partial view and lots of light which is generally needed in kitchen. To help you decide which is one you should be opting here are some of the window treatments with pros and cons.
Vertical and Venetian blinds
Choosing blinds can be a challenging job as there are many materials and styles which can confuse you. Slatted blinds like venetian blind and vertical blinds are basically made from aluminum, wood or plastic. Venetian blinds usually work for small windows whereas vertical blinds usually works for large windows.
- Slatted blinds are usually stacked up when they are draw so they utilize much less space as compared to curtains.
- They give you the highest amount of control on how much heat and light should be in and out.
- They usually suit with all kind of furnishings and color schemes.
- They need cleaning on regular basis as they collect dust very easily and quickly.
- Slatted blinds are such which has a leak of light even when they are fully closed.
- They don’t maintain heat and warmth in cold weather.
- The probability of bending or breaking of individual slat is more specifically in those blinds which are made up of aluminum and plastic.
Roller blind and roman blind
Roller blind and roman blinds are another type of blind giving their description through their name only. They are made up of sheet fabric which rolls up and down. They are best suited in bedroom.
- They block light with higher efficiency as compared to other blind and curtain
- The space needed by them is less as compared to curtains
- They don’t need regular cleaning
- If they are not made up of wipe clean fabric then they become difficult to clean.
- They can block some windows from opening.
Curtains are very good in providing privacy and blocking heat and light. They come variety in case of materials, color and thickness.
- If done properly, curtains are best at giving aesthetically beautiful look.
- At time of cold weather, curtain helps to keep the room warm and heated.
- As compared to blinds, curtains are good at maintaining room’s temperature.
- There is a varied range in colors and patterns.
- Curtains occupy more space than blinds and it makes feel that room is smaller.
- In rooms like kitchen and bathroom, there is a chance of mold and mildew.
- Kids are able to hide behind large curtains.