Kitchen renovation is one of the most difficult areas to handle in the house. With a kitchen, you want to maximize your space area and also ensure that everything is organized enough to manage everyday tasks efficiently. And since you cannot really keep on doing renovations now and then, a bit of sensible planning and execution can help you go a long way. Right from space optimization, to lighting arrangement and the installation of cabinets, you can get the best benefits of kitchen renovation if you consult with an ace kitchen designer.
Which are the areas to consider when you contemplate kitchen renovation?
Now since you are doing-up your kitchen, remember that compromising on quality is really not worth it. A set of sturdy wood cabinets offers far more value for money as compared to shoddier makes. These are the points which you must consider when you decide about decorating your kitchen with wooden or steel cabinets.
- Change the hardware around the cabinets. If you were thinking of replacing your knobs, handles or putting hinges and locks where you store the cookies – now is the time. Taking care of these little factors during kitchen renovations save you a lot of time later on.
- Repainting is also an option right now because you can simply do-up your older cabinets in a whole new color. This way, you can reduce your renovation costs too. But you must ensure that your wooden cabinets are still in good condition and would last you a few more years. Else, you would have to go through the renovation process again.
- For kitchen renovations there is also the option of refacing available. Basically it is a process where the drawers and the cabinets are removed and fitted with a new veneer of your choice. Most people prefer using pre-finished wood that comes in a range of choices. Also, you can opt for similar doors to match. Remember that refacing too works only if the core-wood is still sturdy.
Experiment with the color, design and locking system of the kitchen doors:
Another option here is to keep the basic structure of the cabinets same but opt for changing doors. You can either replace the wooden doors with glass ones or even opt for something that slides. These days, metal doors are a really cool add-on to the kitchen. Apart from this, you can choose a combination of the wooden folding doors along with the glass doors to enhance the look of the kitchen interior. With this simple kitchen renovation tip, you can reduce your costs and still get a refurbished look for your kitchen.
what are the other steps that you can take, for enhancing the look of the cabinets?
- Along with the above, another simple alternative to your cabinets refurbishing would be use of moldings. Basically here you can spruce up the cabinet decor with some moldings or trimmings that could be either wood, wrought iron or other materials.
- You can also pick for some changes in the drawer and shelves arrangement.
Change the surface and design of the floors:
Now comes the floor. If you had old stones in the kitchen or tiles that are really wearing off now, you can consider getting some changes done to enhance the look. Here are some kitchen renovation ideas for the floor-
- Resurfacing works on older wooden or even stone floors that are loaded with stains. You can either get it polished or even opt for finishing off with a fine layer of wax for wooden ones.
Alternatively, you may also opt for covering the area with some primer or pain or even sheet flooring, which is available easily like vinyl. In fact, there are many ways in which you can make your kitchen look more resplendent and utilize maximum space inside the kitchen.